Tips on Creating Digitized On-Prem Data Centers and Smart Buildings Using Edge Computing Platforms
Edge Computing has become an increasingly popular technology due to its ability to process data closer to the source, resulting in faster response times and reduced latency.
In the context of on-prem Data Centers and BMS, digitalization is a game-changer, as it allows for reliable real-time control, data processing, and analysis. By using Edge Computing platforms, digital transformation solutions can become more efficient, reliable, and secure.
Why it Matters
Every manufacturing plant has building and facility management solutions. Even if this is not your core System Integrator business, you still need to understand how you can leverage Edge Computing in BMS.
On the other hand, you also need to learn about how on-prem Data Centers help create better HMI/SCADA and advanced applications like MES, Historians, and ML/AI.
In this presentation, panelists discuss how System Integrators can take advantage of the following key Edge Computing benefits in digitized on-prem Data Centers and BMS:
1. Reduced latency: By processing data closer to the source, you will be able to use Edge Computing platforms to reduce the time it takes to respond to an event, which is critical in BMS where fast response times are essential.
2. Resilience by design: Edge Computing platforms with built-in redundancy help protect on-prem Data Centers and BMS from costly unplanned downtime. This means you can develop solutions that continue to operate without interruption.
3. Increased security: By processing data locally, on-prem Data Centers and BMS solutions using Edge Computing platforms can provide an added layer of security, protecting sensitive data from potential cyber threats.
4. Cost-effective: Edge Computing platforms can be less expensive to implement, operate, and maintain than traditional automation systems, making them a cheaper and repeatable solution for on-prem Data Center and BMS providers.
Who Should Listen?
- System Integrators (SIs) who have customers that have manufacturing plants with BMS.
- SIs who are currently deploying or are interested in on-prem Data Center and Building Management Systems (BMS).
- SIs who are interested in executing digitalization/digital transformation projects.
- SIs who implement mission-critical solutions requiring high availability and redundancy.
Rudy de Anda is responsible for Strategic Alliances at Stratus and manages technology partners who complement and complete the requirements of our customer’s digital transformation. Rudy’s background is in deploying automation and IoT solutions to Industrial Automation spanning many verticals in discrete, process, and hybrid.
Abhishek Srivastav is an accomplished marketing and communication leader with over 17 years of experience across various organizations including Schneider Electric, Honeywell, and other Indian organizations, specializing in Building Management Systems, Access Control, Fire Detection, and various other ELV solutions. He is currently a Global EcoXpert Badge Owner – BMS | Fire Detection | Access Control at Schneider Electric.
Duncan Cooke is a Security and BMS professional with over 30 years’ experience working in Senior Management, Sales, and Operational roles with companies such as Johnson Controls, G4S, and HID Global, as well as time spent consulting in the IP Video marketplace. Currently, he is a Sr. Business Development Manager for Stratus Technologies.