EcoStruxure™ Micro Data Center with Stratus ftServer®
Prevalidated and purpose built, the Schneider Electric EcoStruxure Micro Data Center with Stratus ftServer combines continuous application availability and uninterrupted power in an enclosed rack to reduce risk, complexity, and time-to-value at the industrial edge.
Digital transformation creates the greatest advantage when applied to critical operations where real time insights are key and unplanned downtime is unacceptable. Stratus ftServer provides unparalleled reliability and virtualization making industrial applications simple to deploy, manage and protect. The self-monitoring ftServer eliminates unplanned downtime and data loss, helping operations maximize production quality and productivity. Stratus ftServer is available in three models capable of handling a range of workloads that are ideal for remote environments with limited IT resources.
Industry 4.0 is driving the need for secure, reliable IT solutions in traditionally OT spaces. Micro data centers help address the challenges of moving more IT onto the shop floor by delivering the reliability and availability of a centralized data center in a compact, all in one system. EcoStruxure Micro Data Center solutions from Schneider Electric are configurable, pre-integrated enclosed rack systems including power, cooling, security, and monitoring offering a fast, simple way to deploy and manage edge computing infrastructure in any environment.
Why use a Micro Data Center?
- The EcoStruxure Micro Data Center with Stratus ftServer is a pre-validated architecture, performance tested, pre-wired, and available in a range of configurations out-of-the-box.
- Pre-validation reduces complexity, resulting in 40% less field engineering time, 20% faster time-to-market, and 7% lower maintenance costs.
- Availability from a single source enables customers to place one order and avoid managing multiple supply chains.
Micro Data Center Use Cases
Using the EcoStruxure Micro Data Center with Stratus ftServer, organizations can deploy local data center computing power and storage with fault tolerance and environmental protection to reliably collect, process, and store data from critical equipment and processes. The micro data center architectures are ideal for the following edge use cases:
- OEM and Machine Builders
- Solution Builders
- System Integrators
- Customers bringing data centers to the factory floor
- UOC for Command Centers and Control Rooms
- System Platform, InTouch, Citect SCADA, or Edge HMI
- On-prem Historians
- Manufacturing Execution System, Asset Management
- AI and Machine Learning
- Oil and Gas
- Food & Beverage, CPG
- Water & Wastewater
- Pharmaceuticals Manufacturing
Small: Stratus ftServer 2900: 5-10k data points, 2 remote clients1
Protects the server, powered by a 1.5kVA APC Smart-UPS On-line UPS with network management card in a 6U enclosure with perforated doors. Ideal for edge computing deployments in a controlled environment. Limited capacity for additional low power devices.2
Medium: Stratus ftServer 4900: 25-50k data points, 5 remote clients1
Powered by a 2.2kVA APC Smart-UPS On-line UPS with network management card in a single 12U IT enclosure with perforated doors. Ideal for edge computing deployments in a controlled environment with an additional 6U of rack space for switches, KVM and other IT gear.3 Environmental monitoring (temperature, humidity, fluid, smoke) and security (door sensors and camera) are optional.
Large: Stratus ftServer 6900: 100k data points, 20 remote clients1
Powered by a 3kVA APC Smart-UPS On-line UPS with network management card in a 42U, NEMA-12 rated enclosure with filters and ventilation fans. Ideal for larger deployments where additional IT gear is required and an IT space is not available.4 Environmental monitoring (temperature, humidity, fluid, smoke) and security (door sensors and camera) are optional.
1. Data handling capacity is for approximate guidance only. Servers should always be sized appropriately for the specific application.
2. Approximately 300W of UPS capacity is available to support other IT gear.
3. Approximately 1000W of UPS capacity is available to support other IT gear.
4. Approximately 1.7kW of UPS capacity is available to support other IT gear.