At the edge of corporate networks, completing even routine IT tasks can be a challenge. This includes your edge computing infrastructure management. Ask yourself this:
- How do I effectively maintain the fleet of servers and workstations needed to support my critical workloads, in the harsh, isolated environments typical of the edge?
- How do I efficiently monitor and manage my growing edge computing environment, maximizing performance, availability, and resource utilization?
- How do I quickly identify and address edge device issues before they become more serious problems?
- Edge fleet management: Manage multiple edge computing platforms from central location
- Faster time to value: Get started quickly, with minimal set up and training
- Risk mitigation: Triage issues faster, prevent them from becoming more serious problems
- Partner mode: allows SIs, VARs, Machine and Solution Builders to perform fleet monitoring
Consider ztC™ Advisor
The Stratus ztC Advisor is a systems management solution that simplifies the centralized monitoring and management of multiple edge computing platforms.
Through a secure web-based portal, customers can quickly and easily view the health and utilization of their entire ztC Edge inventory, helping them to remotely perform centralized at-a-glance views of system heath, determine software versioning, verify resource usage, and triage issues.
The ztC Advisor helps customers increase operational efficiency, improve productivity, and minimize risk. Unlike other systems management tools, ztC Advisor requires minimal setup, configuration, and training, helping administrators of all backgrounds become productive faster.
“With an intuitive interface, ztC Advisor is very easy to use—for admins of all backgrounds.”
Cybersecurity Systems Engineer, Velta Technology
ztC Advisor is a systems management solution that anyone can use. ztC Advisor simplifies the centralized monitoring and management of multiple edge computing platforms. Through a secure web-based portal, customers can quickly and easily view the health and utilization of their entire ztC Edge inventory, helping them remotely triage issues, improve productivity, and mitigate risk. Its key features include:
Comprehensive asset management
Provides a comprehensive, centralized overview of entire ztC Edge platform inventory—both deployed and un-provisioned. Individual ztC Edge platforms are further identified by hardware type and software version. Accurate, holistic asset information makes it easier for administrators to maximize resource utilization and optimize hardware refresh and software patching schedules.
Real-time system status
Dashboard provides centralized up-to-the-minute status of individual systems and their resource utilization. Six different “health states”—Critical Alarm, Lost Communication, Warning, Information, OK/Healthy, Not Provisioned—makes it easy to see at-a-glance which platforms require immediate action. Administrators can sort and filter by state, allowing them to triage issues faster and take the necessary actions to mitigate risk.
User-defined groups, sorting and filtering
Customers can define their own user groups and assign individual systems to them. They can also sort and filter the information in the dashboard by groups, as well as key words, to quickly get to the information they need. One-click connection from ztC Advisor to the ztC Edge Console for an individual platform provides a shortcut to its administrative interface, eliminating the need to retrieve or remember DNS names or IP addresses and resume troubleshooting.
Secure push technology
A secure connection between ztC Advisor and your ztC Edge platforms protects your data and systems, minimizing cyber-security risk. It’s pub/sub (publish/subscribe) architecture works well with firewall implementations and reduced points of egress. Furthermore, data transfers are limited (e.g., only system data and metadata), and only secure, encrypted channels (e.g., TLS 1.2) are used.
Integration with Stratus Service Portal and ztC Edge platforms
ztC Advisor is easy to set up and use, helping personnel of all skill levels to get up to speed and be productive. One-click enablement from the ztC Edge Console automatically sets up the corresponding ztC Edge platform to be visible, minimizing setup and configuration time. Tight integration with the Stratus Service Portal allows customers to use their existing support credentials to access ztC Advisor.
Remote Edge Management for VARs, Machine and Solution Builders, and SIs
System Integrators and VARs, both Machine Builders and Solution Builders alike, now have the capability to monitor and maintain fleets of ztC Edge Computing platforms that are deployed in their customer sites. The new “Partner mode” allows personnel to remotely perform comprehensive edge system management to monitor platform status. This makes it easy for third parties to identify and address device issues before they become problems.
Demo Mode ztC Edge fleet management
A new “Demo mode” gives users the ability to demo ztC Edge fleet management. This additional feature gives you a preview of the ztC Advisor before deploying it live. It also provides a way to train personnel how to use the solution.
- ztC Advisor requires an Internet connection and browser. ztC Advisor supports all major browsers (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.)
- For more comprehensive state and resource information, ztC Edge platforms should be running Stratus Redundant Linux (SRL) version 2.2 or higher
- Access to ztC Advisor requires valid Stratus support credentials (user id and password)
- Enabling quick connect from ztC Advisor to a specific ztC Edge platform requires a routable address (plus individual platform credentials)
For more information