Although the concept of Edge Computing is not new, according to Gartner, “Edge computing is entering the mainstream as organizations look to extend cloud to on-premises and to take advantage of IoT and transformational digital business applications”. Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) leaders must incorporate edge computing into their cloud computing plans as a foundation for new application types over the long term.
Read this latest insightful Gartner report – 2021 Strategic Roadmap for Edge Computing – to learn what I&O leaders need to consider in the year ahead and long-term. We believe you will learn:
- The key reasons to deploy applications to the edge
- The role of security
- Why interest in 5G is growing and more
– Gartner, 2021 Strategic Roadmap for Edge Computing, Bob Gill, 3 November 2020
– GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
– This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from Stratus.